CAREERS WITH FBD
Senior Commercial Underwriter
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
FBD’s strategy includes the Development of Commercial Lines business to complement our core Agri and Personal Lines Business.
As a Commercial Business Development Underwriter, you will play an active leadership role in underwriting and acquisition of multi-line commercial business (property & liability) whilst providing excellent service, innovation and vision for customer growth and underwriting profitability objectives.
The successful candidate will actively contribute to the growth of FBD’s Commercial Lines Business, through the acquisition and management of medium to large cases and portfolios. They will apply technical expertise in supporting the growth and development of Commercial Lines business. Working closely with the Commercial Lines Manager she/he will be results focused.
- Actively contributing to the successful growth and development of the Commercial Lines business, through the acquisition of medium to large cases and portfolios, while ensuring quality risk selection.
- Helping develop and successfully implement product strategies and actively participating in the review of the performance of selected lines of business, with particular emphasis on growth and quality risk assessment.
- Underwriting Commercial business in accordance with agreed standards and limits to deliver planned financial results.
- Providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Proposing and developing implementation plans to develop growth and improve quality.
- Assisting in the development and mentoring of staff in technical insurance matters.
- Demonstrating initiative whilst operating within a team structure and setting high standards of professionalism in all business dealings.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team and with colleagues in other parts of the organization to provide excellence in service standards to our customers.
- Regular reporting to key stakeholders on new business growth, opportunities, business quality, trends (internal & external) and market developments.
- Any other duties/responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned in line with company requirement.
- Achieved Professional Insurance Qualifications; ACII qualification is desirable.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Commercial Lines underwriting.
- Strong technical understanding of Insurance products and underwriting disciplines.
- Strong market & industry knowledge and experience.
- Proven track record in applying critical thinking as part of the underwriting process.
- Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment.
- A pragmatic decision maker with solid underwriting assessment and reasoning skills and an ability to work on own initiative
- Quality focused to provide excellent service to all customers and meet deadlines as required
- Ambitious and energetic in their approach to their work and possess a positive outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated record in building working relationships within team units and with other internal and external stakeholders.
This position is being offered on a permanent basis.
Applications, quoting reference, 18-R-339 Commercial Business Development Underwriter (New Business) with CV should be forwarded by e-mail before close of business on 19th Aprill 2019
FBD is an equal opportunities employer