CAREERS WITH FBD
Ref: QA Analyst
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced QA Analyst to join our expanding IT team responsible for the development and maintenance of our mission critical applications. As a QA Analyst will perform testing activities so as to ensure that the quality of software being released into the Production environment is of a consistently high standard. The QA Test Analyst will be responsible for the design, development, and execution of tests in line with agreed plans and strategies.
- Analyse requirements to ensure they are testable
- Develop comprehensive and well defined test cases and test scripts and ensure traceability back to requirements
- Execute functional, non-functional, regression and integration test scripts
- Provide metrics for all testing activities including planning, preparation, execution, defects.
- Participate in defect triage discussions
- Perform other testing activities such as the preparation, setup and maintenance of testing environments
- Support the performance of Model Office Testing
- Provide post implementation support to the Business
- Interrogate the underlying databases to extract test data and execute SQL statements to prove test results
- A minimum of 3/4 years relevant experience in a QA Analyst role, preferably in financial services
- Experience with eCommerce/Web solutions
- Experience and understanding of insurance products is desirable
- Experience of TIA, Fineos or Progen insurance applications would be of advantage
- Experience in using Test Management tools, in particular HP Quality Centre would be of advantage
- Exposure to automated test tools, in particular Selenium or Cucumber would be of advantage.
Education & Training
- ISTQB (or equivalent) Foundation Level certification
- Demonstrable experience of writing SQL scripts for data extraction and validation purposes
- A sound working knowledge of General Insurance products, processes and systems/platforms would be of advantage
- Strong Excel skills with experience in writing Excel Macros in VBA.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret user requirements, detailed technical and functional specifications and apply this information to plan, develop and execute test scenarios and scripts
- A good working knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Proactive, willingness to take the initiative and associated responsibility
Applications with Curriculum Vitae quoting reference, QA Analyst should be sent by e-mail before the close of business 31st April 2019.
Please include your salary expectations and right to work status in your submission.
FBD is an equal opportunities employer