CAREERS WITH FBD
Ref: Commercial Insurance Product Business Analyst
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
Support the Commercial Product manager in developing requirements for Commercial Insurance Product builds as we transition from a legacy policy administration system to a new insurance application.
The successful candidate will be experienced in business representation in Product development / enhancement with subject matter expertise in Commercial Lines insurance (Property, Liability and Motor fleet preferable).
In this role, you will collaborate with a diverse team including Product Management, Underwriting, Sales, I.T. BA’s and Designers. You will take on a wide range of crucial processes within your Product area, helping us make the desired progress on the Products we offer and the underlying system that supports those Products.
- Experience. You have previous exposure to working in Product development. Commercial acumen with experience of implementing programmes of change.
- Articulate. You're able to represent the needs of the business in conversations with stakeholders; you communicate clearly and concisely in written form.
- Entrepreneurial. You have a passion for fixing problems, honing processes, and getting things done.
- Collaborative. While you can take on demanding projects independently, you enjoy working cross-functionally to accomplish greater goals as a team.
- Tech savvy. You grasp technical concepts quickly and are equally comfortable working side-by-side with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Proven success in consistently achieving targets or working to deadlines.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver required outcome.
- Ability to display required level of tenacity to deliver business change.
- Strong IT skills literate in all MS Office Applications; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Specification of Product and documentation requirements for Commercial Insurance Products including Business and Motor fleet insurance Products.
- Develop policy admin system user interface that supports Sales and Underwriting users’ needs.
- Definition of Product and business rules to ensure the Product meets the needs of a controlled environment, both in terms of Sales user authority (delegated) and Underwriting authority.
- Definition of Product clauses / endorsements and triggers for automated activation.
- Work with the Documentation team to develop requirements for new suite of policy documentation including proposal forms and policy schedule.
- Implementation of new functionality including enhanced risk assessment functionality (Geo-coding integration for example).
- Work closely with the Pricing Team to develop an enhanced pricing approach and integration of business classifications in Products.
- Implement Process efficiency as identified by the business (new business submission process for example).
- Underwriting representation at cross functional Product stand-ups / workshops / etc.
- Have market exposure to Commercial Products and provide insights for FBD Commercial Product development.
This position is being offered on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Applications, quoting reference, 'Commercial Insurance Subject Matter Expert; Product development' with CV should be forwarded by e-mail before close of business on 31st April 2019.
FBD is an equal opportunities employer