CAREERS WITH FBD
Ref: Release Engineer
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
Working in a wider technology environment of 130+, you will play a key role in change, innovation, governance, release management and automation across software applications and infrastructure.
The Role exists within the DevOps team within the organization.
Your role will be both strategic but also hands on, with ideally a background in software development.
You will have opportunity to work on multiple technologies that enable seamless delivery across multiple enterprise level technology platforms in a fast paced Financial Services environment managing end to end release platforms and cycles.
- You will drive, enhance and improve end to end automation across deployments - processes, standards and practices.
- You will actively contribute in driving automation that enables single click release across numerous environments / platforms involving numerous users.
- You will design, and drive automation processes wherever possible through-out the development/testing lifecycle
- You will Implement and enhance monitoring and alerting systems with appropriate tools used within the organization.
- You will manage all project/release risk, issues, dependencies and planning releases, reporting weekly to management on project progress and status.
- You will act as the key liaison with senior technology stakeholders and partners to ensure full delivery of software releases, implementation, changes, etc.
- You will have at least 3-4 years’ experience in Release Engineer or Build Engineer or Dev Ops Engineer, with ownership of development and test environments.
- You will have excellent process improvement and change management experience.
- You will have previously managed multiple enterprise level platforms including online ecommerce/Web or similar projects.
- You will have excellent technical competency across the full SDLC, and have extensive experience across a wide range of Dev Op Tools -across build, deploy and release management.
- Someone who has very good understanding and experience on GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus from a build and configuration perspective.
- Good understanding of Java or someone with java development background could be a good fit.
- You will have at least 2-3 years’ experience in scripting with tools such as Python, Shell or Ruby
- The team works on the following tools and hence it would be nice to have someone with some level of exposure / understanding on one or more of these tools – Jira, Test Rail, Sonar Qube, Selenium, Test Automation, Databases (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL), Weblogic, Apache TomCat, XL Deploy/XL Release, Splunk, Zabix !
- You will be very goal orientated and driven by results and passionate about driving change and excellence in delivery
- Great communication skills, ability to work within a team and strong character to take control of situations when necessary
- We are looking at developing footprint using tools / technologies such as - such as Docker, Kubernates, Terraform, Ansible, etc. or any cloud platforms – AWS, Oracle Cloud. Any exposure would be great.
This is a fixed term contract role within a very high performing team within the organization.
FBD is an equal opportunities Employer