CAREERS WITH FBD
Motor Claims Handler
Ref: Motor Claims Handler
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
Reporting to the Assistant Manager and Manager, you will participate in a customer focused claims handling service. You will ensure that a proactive and innovative philosophy is adopted in relation to claims handling, within your dedicated authority.
The duties and responsibilities of the role of the Claims Handler – Motor Damage Team will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing first telephone contact for customers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Ensuring all critical data is captured at notification stage as comprehensively and accurately as possible.
- Handling all incoming communication proactively to ensure the early and cost effective resolution of all claims
- Dealing with all incoming correspondence from claimants, assessors, garages, solicitors and other interested parties to ensure that there is no escalation of claim duration and duration related costs i.e. escalation/car hire
- Negotiating settlement of claims in a professional and fair manner with policyholders, third parties, solicitors, garages and other interested parties where appropriate.
- Desktop investigations of claims at the initial stage and where possible decide on and confirm indemnity and liability.
- Ensuring that critical detail is captured at notification stage of claims to facilitate that:
- all recovery opportunities are clearly flagged for appropriate future follow up by the Recoveries Team
- injuries or potential injuries are quickly identified and directing telephone calls to the Personal Injuries Team
- Analyzing all the critical data captured for fraud indicators and working with internal fraud teams to ensure maximum detection of fraudulent or exaggerated claims.
- Requesting estimates from claimants to determine damage/loss amounts and appointing assessors, as appropriate.
- Influencing claimants to use the Company’s Certified Repairer Centres and meeting aggressive individual weekly targets set in this area.
- Ensuring that at all times, changes in the complexity of a claim are identified early on and dealt with appropriately; keeping the Team Leader/Manager up to date on the progress of claims settlements, as required.
- Adherence to personal performance targets through monitoring and proactively managing one’s own worklists to ensure the overall section and company targets are met.
- Performing unit administration services, undertaking special projects or assignments, as required.
- Handling an assigned workload of claims through to final settlement/agreed hand off (as appropriate) in a pro-active and innovative manner.
- Conducting regular file and reserve reviews ensuring service standards/quality are in accordance with agreed SLA’s
- Monitoring workflow, outstanding caseloads, processes and tasks to ensure that work is being processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that data for management information purposes is sufficient, accurate and timely to enable monitoring. Accurate reporting.
- Carrying out such duties as management may require from time to time.
- ou will be open and approachable, customer/team focused and totally committed to quality service.
- You will have the proven ability to make job related decisions with or without structured guidelines within company expectations.
- A proven ability to apply structured problem solving techniques to job related issues/tasks and work within a complex environment.
- The proven ability to plan and co-ordinate short/medium/long term tasks and actions related to the role.
- The demonstrated ability to identify, build, and maintain internal and external relationships, including service provision, data collection, integrity, role modelling of company values, and management of external suppliers
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Good communication and decision making skills with the ability to work in a team.
- Ability to provide excellent service to all customers and meet deadlines as required.
- Excellent keyboard skills and proficient in, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative and a desire to develop knowledge and experience.
- Achieved Professional Insurance Qualifications; Qualified to Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP) | Approved Product Advisor (APA) standard or working to attain APA/CIP qualification.
- Meet regulatory requirements as described in the Minimum Competency Code (Source: Central Bank, 2011) and Fitness and Probity Standards (Source: Central Bank, 2012).
This position is being offered on a permanent contract.
Applications, with CV quoting Motor Claims Handler should be forwarded by e-mail before close of business on 1st April 2019.