CAREERS WITH FBD
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
FBD Insurance plc invites applications for this position to contribute to the achievement of Governance objectives in the underwriting department with particular focus on contract documentation, operational controls and reporting and team development.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
Contribute to the growth and the effective operation of Underwriting Governance through:
- Assessing underwriting activity to identify premium, product and operational risks and controls.
- In conjunction with Underwriting managers/teams agree higher risk areas and assess existing controls and identify any control gaps.
- Assist managers/teams in developing effective controls and test the effectiveness of existing controls.
- Assess the effectiveness of controls through monitoring, testing and quality assurance reviews.
- Work with Underwriting Managers to agree and design effective Quality assurance reviews, ensure that each review has a clear methodology and that results are reviewed and analysed with the relevant managers.
- Ensuring a clear audit trail of the work performed from agreeing review parameters to management sign off and completion of recommendations/action items agreed to improve performance.
- Complete own control testing/quality assurance review schedule to timelines ensuring quality and attention to audit trail are maintained and ensuring individual review reports are sufficiently detailed to facilitates qualitative review.
- Working with colleagues to continually assess and improve the control structure within the department to ensure control activity is kept risk focused and aligned to the department objectives.
- Develop the parameters for suitable control reports to assess ongoing activity and identify potential weaknesses and review effectiveness of existing control reports.
- Continually strive to identify efficiencies within ongoing activity.
- Assess, request and sort data in a manner which facilitates an efficient clear review with optimal coverage.
- Building on own Risk and Compliance skills and knowledge.
- Responsible for the effective operation of the departments Quality assurance actions log.
- Assist in the review, strengthening and adapting of operational controls to meet changing internal and external requirements.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Ambitious and energetic with Financial Services experience.
- Possess an understanding of the risk and control environment within which companies within the financial services industry work.
- Quality and results focused with a clear understanding of being able to demonstrate task/control completion.
- Previous experience of working in a risk control role in the Insurance industry and an understanding of the importance of effective, efficient controls including quality assurance.
- Ability to work within the department and team to agree and design effective controls and quality assurance reviews
- Ability to analyse the benefits of control activity and QA results and identify the impact and root cause of control weaknesses .
- Experience in testing the effectiveness and efficiency of controls and have the ability to carry out peer reviews on control activity and quality assurance reviews on underwriting activity.
- Possess the ability to build working relationships within team units and with other internal stakeholders.
- An excellent communicator both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to act on own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel, SharePoint, Word & PowerPoint.
This role is being offered on a 12 month contract basis.
Applications with full Curriculum Vitae quoting reference “19-R-064 Governance Executive” should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 15th May 2019.
FBD is an equal opportunities employer