CAREERS WITH FBD
Underwriting Governance Coordinator - Error Management
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
The UW Governance Co-ordinator will coordinate the error management process within the Underwriting department ensuring that activity is in line with the agreed governance process, that stakeholders are suitably informed throughout the management of errors and errors are remediated efficiently and within agreed timelines. This will include coordinating information gathering, customer impact analysis, remediation and documenting of the ongoing progression of all errors. This role will also extend to other coordination activities and process analysis.
Contribute to the growth and the effective operation of Underwriting Governance through:
- Imbedding the agreed error management process within underwriting and proactively coordinating activity to facilitate effective and efficient error management.
- Working with business owners, other business units and underwriting teams to ensure information obtained on errors is relevant and complete and is communicated to the forum dealing with errors in Underwriting.
- Ensuring that bi-weekly meetings on errors are held to raise, discuss, impact assess and make decisions on the management of errors which have arisen in underwriting.
- Facilitate the implementation of a consistent approach to error management through the clear documentation of the error description, its impact assessment, remediation and implementation of controls to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensure that the Company error policy is adhered to in the management of errors.
- Work with Business owners to document error impact assessment and customer remediation plans.
- Participate in cross functional groups responsible for resolving errors and establishing root cause/trend analysis.
- Where exception reporting to monitor the re-occurrence of manual errors is required, the report parameters must be agreed with underwriting managers, errors remediation coordinated and volumes of errors and their successful remediation reported on quarterly.
- Ensure that all quality control steps in the process are completed and a full audit trail can be evidenced.
- Manage the UW error log and ensure that learnings arising from errors are identified for inclusion in training material.
- Undertake other coordination and analysis activity to strengthen the risk control environment within underwriting.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the financial services sector with relevant underwriting process and business work experience.
- Third level degree preferable.
- Established experience of working in a coordination role bringing together colleagues and other business units to achieve goals.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Appreciation of and ability to, maintain an informative audit trail of activity.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop good relationships with other business units and underwriting teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise key activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel, SharePoint, Word & PowerPoint.
- Experience working with compliance and risk functions within the financial services sector and knowledge of industry related regulations (CPC, Solvency II) desirable but not essential.
This position is being offered on a permanent basis.
Applications, quoting reference, 19-R-142 Underwriting Governance Co-ordinator – Error Management with CV should be forwarded by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
FBD is an equal opportunities employer