CAREERS WITH FBD
IT Business Analyst
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join our expanding IT team responsible for the development and maintenance of our mission critical applications. The Business Analyst will be responsible for analysing, developing and ensuring agreement on business and functional requirements. This is a cross functional role and requires an ability to generate consensus with key stakeholders throughout the business. The role holder will work closely with Product and functional implementation teams to ensure that systems meet detailed requirements. Knowledge and experience of financial systems, Web applications and documentation outputs is required.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Project initiation and kick off workshops.
- Requirements gathering from key stakeholders within the business.
- Scheduling, co-coordinating, preparing and facilitating formal requirements gathering sessions including reviewing / assessing current state and developing future state.
- Identifying gaps and potential risks within current and designed processes
- Facilitating requirements prioritisation.
- Process mapping.
- Development of use cases.
- Development of business requirements documentation from draft through to sign-off.
- Take an active role in solution design ensuring cross system impacts are assessed.
- Develop functional requirements to conform to the designed solution.
- Ensure cross system impacts have been assessed and detailed thoroughly.
- Assisting the business with training strategies, planning and execution.
- Supporting user acceptance testing plan, scenarios and execution.
- Responsible for change request management throughout the lifecycle of developments, projects and operational changes.
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in an ever-changing environment.
- Working with Compliance ensuring all content and functionality adheres to CPC & FBD standards.
- Take an active role in the FBD BA community of practice, which is dedicated to the continuous growth and improvement of the analysis service provided by the team
- A minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience in a Business Analyst role
- Experience and understanding of insurance products is desirable
- Experience of TIA, Fineos or Progen insurance applications would be of advantage
- Previous MS Visio (process mapping) experience is desirable
Education & Training
- A relevant Third Level degree or appropriate professional qualification.
- Appropriate Business Analysis certification e.g. CBAP, BCS, ISEB
- Strong attention to detail essential.
- Strong documentation and analytical skills
- Understanding of project management lifecycle & methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrable record of building working relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to provide excellent service to all customers and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative and a desire to develop knowledge and experience.
To apply, please send your CV quoting “19-R-176 IT Business Analyst” and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
FBD is an equal opportunities employer