CAREERS WITH FBD
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced PL/SQL developer to join our expanding IT team, responsible for the development and maintenance of our mission critical applications. The PL/SQL Developer will report to the Oracle Technical Lead and will be involved in the customization of our policy administration system.
We have recently moved to our delivery model to utilize small, cross functional, co-located delivery teams where each team has full responsibility for delivering value to the FBD business. The PL/SQL developer will slot into a team charged with building new insurance products, a small amount of maintenance on existing products is also required.
- Work on complex projects that require both depth and breadth of knowledge in a number of technologies and the business.
- Participate on projects, clarifying the business requirements, performing systems analysis, development and modification activities, as well as related maintenance & support.
- Assist in planning sessions with the business users to analyze business requirements, and provide design recommendations.
- Write concise and clear technical specifications based on analysis of complex business requirements.
- Translate business and technical requirements into business application systems.
- Develop and modify complex software systems using disciplined software development processes.
- 3+ years’ experience in PL/SQL Development
- Understanding of logical and physical design
- Advanced use of a source code management tool - SVN or similar
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices TDD, CI and CD would be highly beneficial.
- Experience working in both Windows & Linux environments.
- General Insurance or financial services exposure highly advantageous
- Experience in projects though which multiple systems are integrated, including design and implementation of high-level and detailed project plans
- Knowledge of Scrum (XP) or Agile working practices would be highly useful.
- Knowledge and experience in Oracle ADF an advantage
- Exposure to object-oriented theory & concepts
Education & Training
- Third Level Qualification in Computer Science / IT or relevant work experience
- Oracle Certification would be an advantage
- Excellent client-facing and customer service skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and on your own initiative.
- Self-starter with a proactive approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills. An ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Must be methodical, high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Participate in cross functional IT support.
- Document systems, applications and new procedures to Industry standards.
Please send your CV quoting "19-R-143 PL/SQL" to the Recruitment Team and we will be in contact.
FBD is an equal opportunities employer