CAREERS WITH FBD
Broker Development Coordinator
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
The Broker Development Co-ordinator is responsible for delivering a quality service to our broker partners while fostering close working relationships with supporting business units, in addition to delivering profitable business results in line with broker channel targets. This role is a control function.
- Provide service and support of the highest quality to our Broker business partners.
- Generate new business opportunities according to the sales plan by interacting, encouraging and negotiating with our broker business partners.
- Provide Credit Control support to the Broker Credit Control team
- Respond to all telephone and or e-mail enquiries from Brokers promptly and effectively.
- Work closely with the Broker Underwriting and Sales Teams and Head of Broker Business to achieve and exceed sales and service levels of the unit.
- Work in conjunction with Broker Development Managers to achieve renewal and new business growth targets.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all relevant records in accordance with regulatory statutory and internal requirements.
- Ensure any issues arising are dealt with in accordance with FBD standards and that where appropriate issues are escalated in a timely fashion.
- Support organisational change initiatives when necessary.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with FBD internal departments in order to deliver a high standard of Broker service and support.
- Provide regular input into management business performance and service reports
- Any other duties/responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned by the Head of Broker Business in line with business unit or company requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies:
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent and/or a relevant third level qualification.
- A minimum of 1-3 years general insurance experience is desirable.
- Ability to provide excellent service to all customers and meet deadlines, as required.
- Good communication and decision making skills with the ability to work in a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative and a desire to develop knowledge and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated record in building working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Qualified to Approved Product Advisor (APA), Approved Product Professional (APP), Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP) or Grandfathered Accreditation is desirable.
- Meet regulatory requirements as described in the Minimum Competency Code (Source: Central Bank, 2011) and Fitness and Probity Standards (Source: Central Bank, 2012).
This role is being offered on a permanent contract.
FBD is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please send your CV to the Recruitment Team and we will be in contact