CAREERS WITH FBD
Location: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Experience: See Description
In business for over 50 years, FBD is one of Ireland’s largest property and casualty insurers, holding lead positions in its target markets. As Ireland’s only independent publically listed company, FBD are a very prominent competitor in the general insurance market with all senior management based in Dublin.
The Pricing Department falls under the remit of the Chief Underwriting Officer and work closely with the underwriting, claims, actuarial, sales and finance departments. This is an ideal opportunity for a self-driven individual to utilise their pricing skills and experience to influence business decisions on a range of insurance products.
Working in the Pricing Department, this role will join a team of six and will suit a nearly or newly qualified actuary. The role reports to the Head of Pricing & Analytics with responsibility for the following areas:
- To support planned pricing strategy and profitability for the business
- Analysis of pricing adequacy and profitability of the overall portfolio
- Development of pricing analytics to support strategic objectives and profitability targets
- Development of pricing structures to support new products
- Development and maintenance of technical rating models for high volume business using actuarial software (such as EMBlem)
- Implementation of technical rating models within new and existing products
- Enhance pricing capabilities through market leading technical pricing, segmentation and customer behaviour modelling
- Development and maintenance of appropriate tools, models and rating structures that support the pricing of new and renewal business in support of business objectives
- Coordinating, preparing and reporting on results of actuarial analyses and making recommendations to the Head of Pricing & Analytics to deliver planned profitability
- Monitoring key account performance in conjunction with the business intelligence, underwriting and product departments
- Management & mentoring of junior members of the team
- Ideally a qualified actuary but part qualified actuaries with a number of years pricing experience will also be considered
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a pricing role in the general insurance industry
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and decision-making ability
- Exhibits self-motivation and drive; takes initiative without the need for approval
- Strong Excel skills. Strong VBA, SAS, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other
- Strong technical software skills, particularly EMBlem and ResQ
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the insurance industry's trends, directions, major issues and regulatory considerations
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate with business partners on a collaborative basis both within the pricing team and within the wider underwriting function
- Self motivated with an ability to excel in a team based environment
- Flexible team player
FBD will offer an excellent remuneration (and study package if required) for the successful candidate.
Applications with full Curriculum Vitae quoting reference “19-R-181 Pricing Actuary” should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com before Friday 20th September 2019.
FBD is an equal opportunities employer