CAREERS WITH FBD
FBD Holdings plc was established in 1988 and listed on the Dublin and London Stock Exchanges in 1989. Its principal subsidiary is FBD Insurance plc, a non-life insurer established in the late 1960s operating in the Republic of Ireland with a market share of circa 12% and approximately 500,000 policyholders. FBD Insurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
The Personal Lines Manager provides leadership for the Personal lines portfolio, contributing to building and executing a strategy for profitable growth in the Consumer, Branch and Partnership channels, that is sustainable through the different market cycles.
As Personal Lines Manager, your main responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Reporting to the Head of Personal Lines, this individual will be responsible for leading the further development of the Personal Lines portfolios.
- Full ownership of key Personal Lines portfolios with responsibility for the end to end management of the portfolio across all channels.
- Responsible for the performance of the portfolio across key performance metrics and will work closely with Sales, Marketing and Claims to develop and agree strategic business plans
- Responsible for the overall co-ordination of strategy and planning, proposition development, portfolio monitoring, systems and change, fraud, claims insights and underwriting for these portfolios.
- Definition and implementation of FBDs underwriting and pricing strategy championing the use of data, analytics and technology to deliver better underwriting outcomes.
- Implementation of the FBD Underwriting policy as relates to the Personal Lines portfolios, maintaining a sound governance framework protecting FBD through close monitoring of business quality written throughout all channels.
- Design and delivery of compelling customer centric propositions, products and benefits ensuring products are fit for purpose while utilising available technologies and meeting compliance and risk standards. This will include designing solutions and products that position FBD as the insurer of choice in its target markets and setting optimal product strategies to maximise cross selling opportunities.
- Leading underwriting operational excellence and including identifying opportunities to improve processes and efficiency in FBD’s personal lines underwriting operations.
- Developing best-in-class underwriting performance management processes, embedding effective feedback and learning loops as part of all business unit's ways of working.
- Foster continuous communication between the sales and underwriting teams to ensure that their combined effectiveness is maximised.
- Drive capability development and create a high performance culture, managing and mentoring Personal Lines underwriters.
- Enthusiasm, drive and an attitude for making things possible.
- Experience of delivering insurance propositions from design through to implementation
- Outstanding numerical, analytical and organisational skills as well as first class communication skills.
- An ability to derive insights from data and to drive the appropriate actions on the back of these insights
- A collegiate approach and the ability to work effectively with others to ensure the realisation of FBD’s goals.
- Sound knowledge of the insurance industry, with a proven track record in portfolio and product management of personal lines insurance business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. CIP required.
To apply, please send your Cv quoting "20-B-006 Personal Lines Portfolio Manager" to email@example.com
FBD is an equal opportunities employer.