CAREERS WITH FBD
FBD Insurance invites applications for this position to contribute to the achievement of Governance objectives in the underwriting department with particular focus on process consistency, adherence to regulatory and CPC requirements, contract wording change governance, the coordination of UW requirements for documentation change and communication both within the department and to other business units.
Contribute to the growth and the effective operation of Underwriting Governance through:
- Working to achieve and document consistency of approach to all activity undertaken within the department.
- Assisting in the reviewing of new and emerging regulatory requirements to assess their impact on Underwriting processes and procedures and documentation.
- Coordinating the governance structures around agreeing contract change and its integration into contract wordings.
- Coordinate Underwriting input into and progress contract document changes including the development of business requirements and input into specification documents.
- Understand and draft contract wordings which accurately reflect covers, terms etc.
- Develop an understanding of how contract documentation suites and packs sit together and ensure that proposed changes are accurately captured in all affected associated documents.
- Proactively consider future documentation change requirements and build into an overall UW documentation plan.
- Oversee the communication of technical underwriting information both internally within the department and to other business units to strengthen our overall control environment
- Gain an understanding of the various governance and control activities undertaken with the team and support their completion as required
- Coordinate documentation change/maintenance and communication activity within the team including direct reports.
- Strive to achieve synergies and efficiencies where appropriate.
- Facilitate project work as the need arises.
- Ambitious and energetic with Insurance industry experience.
- Possess an understanding of the risk and control environment within which companies within the financial services industry work.
- Quality and results focused with a clear understanding of being able to demonstrate task/control completion.
- Previous experience of reviewing and drafting text for various contract documents.
- Ability to coordinate and bring people together and achieve consensus
- The aptitude and appetite to work within an environment that needs to evolve to meet changing internal and external requirements.
- Proven ability to coordinate and progress team activity in line with agreed objectives and to agreed standards.
- Possess leadership and mentoring skills and have the ability to build working relationships within team units and with other internal stakeholders.
- An excellent communicator both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to act on own initiative
To apply, please send your CV quoting "20-R-020 Documentation Change Coordinator" to firstname.lastname@example.org
FBD is an equal opportunities employer.